Timmins' longest established funeral home has been serving Timmins and area for nearly 85 years. In 1923, Samuel T. Walker founded what is today Maison funraire Lessard - Stephens Funeral Home, located at 21 Elm South. In 1954, John Stephens began his employment at the S.T. Walker Funeral Home. Upon Mr. Walker's retirement in 1965, Mr. Stephens assumed ownership of S.T. Walker Funeral Home. In 1983, Stephens Funeral Home underwent extensive renovations that transformed its facilities to include larger visitation rooms and a coffee lounge. Michel Lessard began his employment with Stephens Funeral Home in 1980. He graduated from Humber College in 1990, completing the Funeral Service Education Program. His dedication to his profession as a funeral director, as well as his keen sense of entrepreneurship, led him to become a business associate with Mr. Stephens for over a period of 5 years. In 1999, Michel Lessard and his wife Lynne acquired the Stephens-Lessard Funeral Home. Along with renaming the company to Maison funraire Lessard - Stephens Funeral Home, Michel and Lynne persistently strive to improve every aspect of the business. Attentive to the needs of bereaved families, they recognize the importance of offering a comfortable and serene setting. They are continually upgrading their facilities. The exterior of the building has recently been renovated, giving the funeral home a fresh modern look. A quaint coffee lounge has been added to the main floor, and every room has been redecorated in beautiful soft and tranquil tones. Dedicated to provide personalized care to all families, the Lessards and their fully bilingual staff are committed to exercising the highest standards and practices and to promoting their funeral home for its quiet beauty and serenity as a place of lasting tribute to the memories of those entrusted in their care.