ArticleType: Press Release
Nominations are now being accepted for the Timmins Chamber of Commerce’s 2013 Nova Business Excellence Awards, the region’s biggest celebration of entrepreneurial achievement.
Now in its 11th year, the Nova Awards recognize the best of Timmins’ business across 15 categories at a prestigious annual gala event to be held Thursday, April 11 at the McIntyre Arena. More than 600 people attended in 2012, and this year’s event promises to uphold its reputation as a unique and glamorous way to honour the business community, according to Gary Marriott and Joel Bergeron, co-chairs of the Nova Awards organizing committee.
“For more than a decade, the Nova Awards have been a very special way to shine a spotlight onto Timmins’ best and brightest entrepreneurs, who really are second to none,” said Marriott.
“To celebrate them, however, we need people to let us know through nominations, whether it’s from a client, a colleague, staff, family members, or the business owner themselves. If you know a business or organization that’s truly worthy of the special recognition of a Nova award, be sure to pick up a form and tell us what makes them stand out.”
Nominees are now being accepted for the following awards:
• BMT Insurance and Financial Services Business Contribution to Community
(1-30 employees) Award
• Business Contribution to Community (31+ employees) Award
• Service Excellence Award
• New Business (Under 2 years) Award
• Marketing Innovation Achievement Award
• Young Entrepreneur (Under 30) Award
• NorFab Metal and Machine Best Place to Work Award
• CTV Television Inc. Business of the Year (1-5 Employees) Award
• Scotiabank Business of the Year (6-49 Employees) Award
• Business of the Year (50+ Employees) Award
• Non-Profit Organization Award
• Environmental Excellence Award
• Construction Trades Employer Apprenticeship Award
• NorthernTel Technology Award
• De Beers Canada Aboriginal Partnership Award
This year’s Nova Awards will feature the theme of “We Are the World,” highlighting the knowledge, expertise, and products that are created in Timmins and carried across the globe. This time-tested international reputation for quality across a broad range of sectors and services will be on full display throughout the evening, as the McIntyre Arena will once again be transformed into a stylish and elegant setting.
“The people we have in Timmins really are world-class, and what better time than the Nova Awards to highlight that fact?” said Bergeron. “With the business community expected to be in full attendance, we’d like to take what makes our people famous globally, and for one night, celebrate that locally.”
Nomination packages will be made available online, or at the Chamber offices located at 76 McIntyre Road, Schumacher. Nominations will be accepted until February 28, 2013, and the finalists will be notified prior to March 8, 2013.
For more information contact:
Policy and Communications Director
Timmins Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | (705) 360-1900